DRAKE BAY RESORT
1. Drake Bay Airport - This airport is used exclusively by Drake Bay Wilderness Resort which affords the traveler fast access to Drake Bay. By charter plane, you arrive early enough to enjoy a tour to a beautiful beach for snorkeling and swimming in the lagoon.
2. Custom Design Boats - Transportation for tours is by boat, and Drake Bay Wilderness Resort
owns a fleet of carefully designed ocean going boats for your traveling safety. All 24' boats are
equipped with sun tops, cabin covers, marine radios, and lifejackets. All boat captains are well
trained, and are full time employees of Drake Bay Wilderness Resort.
3. Physical Location - The best location for a hotel at Drake Bay was selected by Drake Bay Resort on a point of land at sea level. The cabins were built facing the ocean with the jungle river at your back door. There is excellent swimming and kayaking just steps from your cabin, as well as many hiking trails ranging from easy to challenging, and miles of beaches for jogging. Drake Bay Resort, the first hotel at Drake Bay was built
by owners Marleny and Herbert. They have operated the hotel continously for 14 years. The cabins have comfortable rooms including double and single beds, private, tile bath rooms, hot showers, ceiling fans, reading lamps, and 24 hour electricity, and a front porch for relaxing after a busy day. The river allows easy boat landing at the dock rather than a beach landing.
4. Outstanding Meals - Meals are including in the package plan, and tourists give an "excellent" evaluation of food. Meals include "fresh fish, meats, fresh fruit and vegetables, home made bread, hot rolls, soups and salads, and special home made desserts. Vegetarian and special diets can be accomodated. There are free snacks at the bar before dinner, and picnic lunches include the famous Drake Bay chocolate chip cookies.
5. Tours and Activities - Drake Bay Wilderness Resort offers more choices of fun and adventure than any where else in the Drake Bay Area. You can stay active day and night. Tour packages are reasonably priced, and are customized to fit your interest. Tours are for all ages and families, school groups, and travel packages are available from 3 days to 10 days. Trips and tours are lead by excellent, full-time employed, experienced guides of Drake Bay Wilderness Resort.
There are over 20 charming, tropical cabins available. Each cabin comes complete with hot water showers, bathrooms, porches, and a ceiling fan. All have a view of the bay, mountains and rain forest.
All tour packages include:
Chartered flights to Drake Bay airport from San Jose
Three cooked meals per day
Snacks at the bar
Daily tour activities with bilingual guides.
OUR 2013 TOURS
A THREE NIGHT PACKAGE PLAN
Arrive at the resort by boat or plane. Open day for relaxing on the beach, canoeing or kayaking on the river, or hiking. Lunch and dinner included.
DAY 2, 3
Full day trip to Corcovado National Park (jungle & wildlife hike), Cano Island, or Mangrove Tour.
After breakfast, a boat trip across the bay to the Drake Bay Airport for the flight to San Jose, arriving back in San Jose approximately 10:30 a.m.
3 night accommodations at Drake Bay Wilderness Resort, 10 meals, 1 full day trip to Corcovado National Park - 1 full day trip to Cano Island. Boat trip across the bay to the airport.
$830.00 per person
Weekend Getaway Package - 3 days / 2 nights
Call for details
(Includes 1 tour – min. 2 people)
$590.00 per person
Four-Night Package - 5 days / 4 nights
DAY 1-Arrive at the resort by boat or plane. Open day for relaxing on the beach, canoeing or kayaking on the river, or hiking. Lunch and dinner included.
DAY 2-Full-day tour to either Cano Island or Corcovado National Park. All trips are guided by a bilingual guide.
DAY 3-Full-day tour to either Cano Island or Corcovado National Park.
DAY 4-Your choice one of our many other tours and activities. Tours available in this package are Mangrove Island, Horseback Riding, Rio Claro, Kayaking, Butterfly Farm, Canopy Tour. You can upgrade with additional cost for Scuba Tour, Dolphin Tour or Violines Island.
DAY 5-Boat trip back across bay to the airport.
Three meals per day included. Free daily laundry services and free kayak use included.
$1,035.00 per person
Week in Paradise Package - 7 days / 6 nights
(Includes 5 guided tours - scuba/offshore fishing extra cost)
Corcovado Nat'l. Park (San Pedrillo Ranger Station):
One of the best wilderness areas in Costa Rica. For a full day in the thick of the rainforest, Corcovado National Park is unparalleled for breathtaking beauty and abundant wildlife. You will love hiking through the park. There are many creatures including birds, insects, monkeys, and other wildlife that you will be able to observe. Included in the Week in Paradise Package.
A peaceful jungle river full of natural beauty. You can enjoy swimming, exploring, hiking and surverying the nearby wildlife. To finish, you will have the opportunity to enjoy snorkeling in the quiet waters of the nearby lagoon. Included in the Week in Paradise Package.
Snorkeling at Caño Island:
A remote sandy beach island off the coast - a 50 min. boat ride to the island. You will have the option to snorkel or scuba dive at this world-renowned dive-spot. The ocean surrounding Caño Island is full of wildlife. Additionally, dolphins are usually seen on this tour when traveling to and from Caño Island. The island has trails to hike and is the former burial ground of pre-Columbian Indigenous Tribes. Included in the Week in Paradise Package.
Mangrove Kayak Tour (Violines Island):
Full of legends and rich history, this isolated and unexplored wilderness area will inspire everyone who visits it. With beautiful private beaches, jungle trails, wildlife and a small river, you are guaranteed an unforgettable trip. Included in the Week in Paradise Package.
Horseback Riding Tour or Canopy Tour:
As part of the Week in Paradise Package, you will have a choice between the Horseback Riding Tour and Canopy Tour. Both of these tours are full of wonderful adventures and unforgettable experiences. Included in the Week in Paradise Package.
All equipment furnished with a guide for a great fishing experience. Perhaps more than anything else, Costa Rica is known for its superb fishing. International Game Fishing Association (IGFA) records have been broken here repeatedly. Our main catches are Dorado, Sailfish and large Tuna. Additional $55 per hour, minimum 2 people.
All equipment furnished for an exhilarating adventure near Caño Island. You will see a great variety of fish and marine life in these tropically warm waters. You will also have an experienced certified Dive Master along for the trip. Additional $60 per day, minimum 2 people.
$1,435.00 per person
Economy Cabin Package - Cabana with shared restroom, 2 tours, 4 days / 3 nights
# An additional fee applies to any rooms that have air conditioning.
# Pick-up from Sierpe: $20.00 per person net one way in share boat leaves at 11:30 AM (charter boat $150.00 net one way).
# Pick-up from Palmar Sur: $30.00 net per person
#Children ages 7 to 16 get 10% off package price.
# Children 6 and under get 50% off package price.
#Additional night at the Resort: $130.00 per person including meals and taxes.
# Honeymoon Suite or Deluxe Room - $35 additionalper person per night.
#Please limit luggage to 25 pounds per person in small, soft-sided luggage. Excess luggage may be stored at your San Jose hotel.
# All packages come with free daily laundry services and free kayak use.
#New queen size beds.
# We accept Euros.
$650.00 per person.
I WANT TO RESERVE DRAKE BAY RESORT